Hey dolls I know it has been a long long while since I’ve posted anything on my blog and that has made me sad that I haven’t posted in a long while. I guess you can say life has gotten in the way, but i’m back and i wanted to start off with something new and fun. I call this My make-up story tag, no one tagged me I ran across this tag on many browsing’s of the blog-o-sphere. I thought it would be fun to share with you all. There is ten questions and here they are:
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
2. How did you get into makeup?
3. What are some of your favorite brands?
4. What does makeup mean to you?
5. If you could only wear 4 product’s on your face what would they be?
6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs. high end makeup?
8. What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner?
9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
10. What do you think about the beauty community on Youtube?
so here we go:
- How old were you when you started wearing makeup? Well hmm let me see, I can’t really remember the exact time in my life when I started wearing makeup. I just kind of remember playing around with my moms makeup and borrowing some stuff and trying things out and then my mom would buy me stuff from wet n’ wild and other drug store brands to play with and use. I guess I actually started off with just some brown or bronze eye shadow and lip gloss in high school, after that I graduated to a full face of makeup after I got into college and got a job to pay for my own makeup.
- How did you get into makeup? Well I love bright colors and sparkly things and I just loved eye shadow it is the thing that got me into makeup. I went in to a Sephora one day for the first time and I was in love with all the different brands of makeup and the eye shadows, then I would Google pictures of different makeup of loved and watch tutorials on youtube and from then on I was hooked.
- What are some of your favorite brands? omg hmm that is a good question…. hmm I love a lot of brands from high end to drug store, but if I have to pick a few I would say Urban Decay, Too Faced, Kat Von D, The Balm, E.L.F., Wet N’ Wild, Maybelline, L’oreal, SugarPill,Revlon, Beauty From The Earth, Coastal Scents, and to make my own cosmetics I love TKBtrading.com
- What does makeup mean to you? Wow hmmm I never really thought about this. I don’t think makeup has any profound meaning in my life. I love wearing makeup because it gives me the extra confidence and it can change the way I look. I wear it because I love beautiful bright colors and sparkle and all that glitters. It makes me happy and brightens my day up, but I don’t think people should rely on makeup to boost their self-esteem. I actually admire women who go out in public bare-faced.
- If you could only wear 4 product’s on your face what would they be? Well sometimes I only wear 4 product’s when I’m in a hurry, but I would say eye-shadow, eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss.
- What is your favorite thing about makeup? I love how makeup makes women feel good about themselves. It’s amazing to think that wearing just a bright lipstick could make a girl feel bubbly and happy. I love all the many colors of eye shadows and I love how I can make many different makeup looks from the same few products. It’s fun to transform yourself many different ways with makeup.
- What do you think about drugstore makeup vs. high end makeup? Well I can’t lie I do have a variety of high end brands and drugstore brands. But I only buy certain things from high end brands. I love both, but like I said I only justify spending a lot of money on a product if it is worth the price. Like I won’t buy a lipstick for 20 or 30 dollars just because it’s brand name if I can find the same one at a drugstore price I am all over it. Sometimes high end brands are all about the name of the brand and you just end up paying more for the brand name rather than the product’s quality. But I will spend money on eye shadow palettes they are always more bang for your buck.
- What is one tip of advice you can give a beginner? Less is more, makeup is meant to emphasize your best features and not alter your appearance.
- What is one makeup trend you never understood? Tattooed makeup like, tattooed eyebrows,. eyeliner or lip liner. I don’t know it just looks really fake to me. I prefer natural face lol.
- What do you think about the beauty community on youtube? I love most of them I enjoy watching them transform themselves into vixens! Makeup is an art and they truly are artists yet a lot of people don’t really give them enough credit. I learn a lot and I use some of things I learn in my day to day makeup routines.
Well dolls that was my makeup story, I would love to read your answers I tag you. Until next time, same makeup time, same makeup channel.